Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars

Go down 
+9
Burliest Bear
A M R
Blue
Team Plasma N
[PN] MrJito
[PN] dialga
Dem
SickSouls
Pokemon Wars
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Empty
PostSubject: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:40 am

These are the official battling rules of Pokemon Wars that are to be used for tournaments, gym matches, and elite 4 matches. For the most part this forum will operate on the same rules as smogon. However if you feel one of these rules need to be changed or you want something added you may post an court case in this section of the forum. Here are the current official rules.

*Note this does not apply to mini-gyms since they are not official gyms. Mini gym leaders make up their own rules.

Rules

1. No hacked pokemon
If a gym leader feels a pokemon is hacked the challenger must have it checked by a tester,admin,mod, or elite 4 member. If it turns out to be hacked no badge will be awarded.

2. KO Clause
If both trainers are down to their last pokemon and both pokemon faint due to a move like explosion,self destruct, or perish song then the person who used the move will loose the match.

3. OHKO clause
No OHKO moves (horn drill, sheer cold ect.)

4. Evasion clause
Moves that increase evasiveness or lower your opponents accuracy are not allowed.

5. Super effective clause
No more than two super effective pokemon. This means you can't have more than two pokemon of a type that is super effective against the gym leader/elite 4 member's type. You also can't have more than two pokemon with super effective moves against the gym leader/elite 4 member's type.

6. Item Clause
You may not use more than one focus sash. Soul dew is banned.

7. Species Clause
You may not have more than one of the exact same pokemon on your team.

8. Uber Clause
No ubers allowed. (aka any pokemon on this list. If there is a pokemon on the list that you feel like should be allowed please post the pokemon and why you think it should be allowed.)

9. Moody
The ability moody is banned.

10. Match type
Gym leaders/Elite 4 members are allowed to choose what type of challenges it accepts but challenger gets to choose the type of match. (aka a gym leader could allow both single, double, and rotation matches in his/her gym and the challenger would be allowed to choose which type of match he/she wants to battle.) All gym leaders must be willing to accept single matches.

11. Number
All matches consist 6 v. 6 pokemon.

12. No wonder launcher

13. Sleep Clause
No more than one Pokemon can be put to sleep at a time unless it is self inflicted (ex: rest).

14. Hax Items Ban
No Hax items. These items are:
Brightpowder, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Razor Fang, Lansat Berry, and Lucky Punch.

15. Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish. A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset. A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

16. The following Pokémon are banned from standard Pokémon wars battles;
Arceus - All forms
Mega Blaziken
Darkrai
Deoxys - All forms
Dialga
Genesect
Mega Gengar
Giratina - Both forms
Groudon
Ho-oh
Mega Kangaskhan
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Mega Lucario
Lugia
Mewtwo - and both of its Mega forms as well
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

Last edited by Green Charizard on Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:41 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Two new rules added

Quote :
14. Sleep Clause
No more than one Pokemon can be put to sleep at a time unless it is self inflicted (ex: rest).

15. Hax Items Ban
No Hax items. These items are:
Brightpowder, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Quick Claw, Razor Fang, Lansat Berry, and Lucky Punch.
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:30 pm

Hax items? I'm thinking this is for haxorus? If sooo....
Then what the flip is my haxorus supposed to hold!? All those listed were my only choices! Though I can see why they're banned. Eh, no objections here.

What does a Lucky Punch even do? I've never heard of it...
(smogon isn't working for me, so I can't look it up)
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:52 pm

bulbapedia wrote:

Hax
Refers to outcomes that are perceived as unlikely to the point of being unfair. Common targets are critical hits, moves missing, the success of secondary effects, and full paralysis. Can also refer to reliance on uncertain outcomes, such as the use of one-hit knockout moves or held items like Quick Claw, Focus Band, or BrightPowder. Hax is, somewhat paradoxically, often associated with the Ability Serene Grace.

Basiclly the purpose of compeitive battling is to win by skill so a hax clause is used to reduce the chances of winning by luck.

Also lucky punch is a signature item used by chansey to up its critical hit ratio.
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 3:20 am

Ah, I see, new to the competitive pokemon world. I'll get the hang of things in time. Thanks, I'll make sure to avoid using these items in future matches.
Back to top Go down
Dem
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Dem

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:51 am

Nooooooo! My King's Rock! I used to use that!
Back to top Go down
https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=569831
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 2:35 am

Me too!! Time to rethink some strategies...
Back to top Go down
Dem
Dem

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 6:11 am

Green Charizard wrote:
4. Evasion clause
Moves that increase evasiveness or lower your opponents accuracy are not allowed.
Would this include the abilities Snow Cloak/Sand Veil? They're not moves, and they only work in a hailstorm/sandstorm.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=569831
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:38 pm

There allowed for now. If we see they some how overpowered in the future then we can ban them. I would like to point out garchomp with and veil is banned to it being uber last I checked.
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:08 am

Correct, only rough skin garchomp is playable in battles
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 8:52 pm

I have decided to change rule 6 from this

Quote :

6. Item Clause
You may not use more than one hold item. (aka you can't have two pokemon that are both holding leftovers.)

to this

Quote :
6. Item Clause
You may not use more than one focus sash.

Reason: Allowing everyone to use more items will give people more freedom when building teams. Focus sash is limited because it would be annoying if you had to go against a team with 6 focus sashes.

If anyone has any objections feel free to post.
Back to top Go down
[PN] MrJito
Profressor
[PN] MrJito

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 3:34 am

So more than one item is now allowed on multiple pokemon as long as that paticular item is not a focus sash? I.e., two leftovers in one team? Acceptable?
Back to top Go down
Team Plasma N
Shiny Hunter
Shiny Hunter
Team Plasma N

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 8:46 am

SickSouls wrote:
So more than one item is now allowed on multiple pokemon as long as that paticular item is not a focus sash? I.e., two leftovers in one team? Acceptable?

That is correct. However, only one Focus Sash may be used in the team.
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:00 am

Hmm, normally I'd be against it, because the game doesn't allow this, but the hax clause does take away quite some items, and a sandveil garchomp holding a brightpowder with a sanstorm is a nightmare so the has clause is no doubt needed. I think this is a great idea!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tamer
Tamer
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 4:50 am

could a gym leader make a rule like allowing 1 uber pokemon per team?
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:50 pm

No ubers will be included in the gyms.
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 2:14 am

Green Charizard wrote:

5. Super effective clause
No more than two super effective pokemon. This means you can't have more than two pokemon of a type that is super effective against the gym leader/elite 4 member's type. You also can't have more than two pokemon with super effective moves against the gym leader/elite 4 member's type.
Wahahahaha!! I totally forgot about this one! It also applies to Elite 4 members!! Ha! Aizrod doesn't stand a chance! Twisted Evil 

I can't help but to think this makes it too easy for us, Elite 4. What do you guys think? I mean, two types, early team preview, then they have to use the same Pokemon....  I thought they could bring in whatever they wanted to as long as they could beat all 4 of us with the same team of 9. Seriously, I'm I just getting dumb, or is this rule making it to tough for the E4 challengers?
Back to top Go down
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 3:52 am

I was thinking about that today to be honest, i does make it a little too easy for E4 to hold those spots down considering they do have 2 types, i meant people have trouble beating my gym with only one type
Back to top Go down
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 3:54 am

Actually yeah that does make sense since we only have 9, and that is all we have just like in the game, we use that team the whole way no matter how many types advantages. IDK lets here what GC has to say. I honestly think i beat DF and Darkrai so easily one because I've faced their teams a million times before they even became elite 4, and secondly Darkrai only has one typer and i basically made that team for him
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tamer
Tamer
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 4:11 am

i thought e4 had to have 2 tyoes?
Back to top Go down
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 4:16 am

it i highly recommended that they do.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:17 am

The super effective clause only affects the primary type. Sorry I guess I should of mentioned this before but let's face it with only being able to choose nine pokemon you aren't going to waste them try to defeat the secondary types.

Yes this may make things a little stuff but then again that's the point of the e4.
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 am

Hmm, yeah wish I'd known that when ibattled my first challenger. So gliscor counts as a supereffective against my primary, huh? Looks like I won't be seeing much for feathers Very Happy and I don't have to pick between hidden power grass and ice. Hmph. Looks like Gc is my biggest threat as well as Amr's xD
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 6:36 pm

2. KO Clause
If both trainers are down to their last pokemon and both pokemon faint due to a move like explosion,self destruct, or perish song then the person who used the move will loose the match.

Changed from person who uses moves win to loose.

Reason: was originally suppose to be this way but there was a typo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars   Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Offical Battling Rules of Pokemon Wars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next