Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Pokemon of the Month - March 2016 - Latios

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Green Charizard
Youngster
Youngster
Green Charizard

Pokemon of the Month - March 2016 - Latios Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon of the Month - March 2016 - Latios   Pokemon of the Month - March 2016 - Latios Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 1:53 pm

Pokemon of the Month - March 2016 - Latios 381Pokemon of the Month - March 2016 - Latios 381-m

About Latios
Latios will only open its heart to a Trainer with a compassionate spirit. It has a docile temperament and dislikes fighting. It has the ability to make its foe see an image of what it has seen or imagines in its head. Even in hiding, it can detect the locations of others and sense their emotions since it has telepathy. This Pokémon is intelligent and understands human speech. It can fly faster than a jet plane by folding its forelegs to minimize air resistance.

Stats
HP - 80
Attack - 90
Defense - 80
Sp. Atk - 130
Sp. Def - 110
Speed - 110

Mega Stats
HP - 80
Attack - 130
Defense - 100
Sp. Atk - 160
Sp. Def - 120
Speed - 110

Abilities
Levitate - Unaffected by ground type moves, spikes, and the ability arena trap.

Latios in Competitive Battling
Someone please help me understand the difference betweeen mega latios and mega latias. It really annoys me that I can't tell them apart. Anyways now that I got that out of the way Latios is a great pokemon to have. It's got great speed and sp.atk with enough sp. def to let it take hits. It's also got a wide enough movepool that it can go for straight special sweeper or it can add in some utility with defog or tailwind. It's even got a mega evolution as of oras.

So you may be wondering "what is this pokemon's weak points"? Well its item soul dew, which makes it an absolute monster, is banned from every tier besides uber. Its mega evo is better than standard life orb latios but not by much. The only time you want to use mega latios is if your not using another mega on your team. Knock out and pursuit are common and will ko latios. Still even with those weaknesses Latios is an amazing pokemon that I encourage you all to use.

Example Sets

Jet Tricks
Item: Choice Scarf/ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog/ HP Fire/ Thunderbolt/ Surf

I love the move trick and latios is one of the Pokemon who are capable of pulling of a trick set. Your item depends on what you need latios to do or what you want to cripple. If you want to ensure latios hits first and cripple walls/stalls then use the choice scarf. If you want to power up latios's moves while also crippling physical set up then choice specs is for you. Draco Meteor and Psyshock are your main attacking moves. Trick is what makes this set work. The last slot is depends completely on what your team needs. Defog if you need to get rid of stealth rocks, spikes, or toxic spikes. HP fire destroys scizor who other wise wall this set. Thunderbolt and surf are good coverage moves.

Calm or Bumpy Ride
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost/Defog/Thunderbolt/Surf/HP Fire/Tailwind
Here we have the standard set for latios if your not running trick. As we said before draco meteor and psyshock are your main attacking moves. Calm mind for set up. Then you have your choice in what you want. In addition if you don't want to run calm mind you can replace it with one of the other options. It's also worth noting that if your playing in a format that allows soul dew then please use that over life orb, you will not regret it.
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

Pokemon of the Month - March 2016 - Latios Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - March 2016 - Latios   Pokemon of the Month - March 2016 - Latios Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 7:59 am

Nice sets the GC, think I might try trick
Back to top Go down

Pokemon of the Month - March 2016 - Latios
Page 1 of 1