Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution   Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 6:21 pm

Welcome to the data contribution thread for pokemon of the month! Here I will announce the pokemon of the month for next month and then you guys can contribute whatever you want about the pokemon. It can be movesets, interesting facts, pictures whatever. Then at the end of the month I'll compile all the information into one nice post. This is just my attempt to get pokemon of the month more involved!

I figured the best pokemon to test this out with would be one with numerous possibilities so January shall be smeargle! Now discuss!
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
KidDraggo
Psychic
Psychic

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution   Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:56 am

Now now,
Smeargle is a really neat dog,but people see it differently.When people look at its move sets,it only shows that is learns Sketch and now your all like,"Yo what the hell!?!?? I see YOUTUBE HAVE SMEARGLE WITH STEALTH ROCK AND OTHER CAZY MOVE IS THAT SUPPOSE TO BE UN-LEGIT?!???"
I'm not sure really but here is my idea of it.
Aqua Ring
(Forgot the name but its description says it heals the pokemon over time but it can not switch out Grass type)
Belly Drum
Batton Pass
This Smeargle is the type of one I use to sweep people much easily.
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution   Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Smeargle got a couple of nerfs this generation.

With the ability to learn any ability in the game through sketch, but also possessing terrible stats other than a usable 75 base speed, is often seen as a team lead running Spore, the only 100% accuracy sleep move in the game, and holding a focus-sash. After a successful spore, Smeargle will then either set-up entry hazards like stealth rock, spikes and (new this generation) sticky web, or use a boosting move like Shell-Smash and baton-pass to a sweeper.

The reason I say Smeargle got a nerf is because grass-types are now immune to all powder type attacks, including spore. This, along with some new and very popular fast u-turn users (Talonflame and Greninja), Smeargle is easily thwarted by using U-turn to break focus-sash and bringing out a grass-type to absorb Spore. He also remains weak to his old nemesis like Pranster-taunt from Sableye or Liepard, multi-hit leads like Cloyster, and (less commonly) Mold Breaker.

Nevertheless, Smeargle remains one of the few Pokemon who can Smash-Pass, and none of its rivals have access to reliable sleep. One way to continue to use Smeargle is to forgo Spore entirely, and use Shell-Smash on the first turn. Smeargle is just fast enough that no un-scarfed Pokemon in OU will be faster than it after a shell smash. Smeargle can then use Baton Pass on his second turn (guaranteed by Focus Sash), but the incoming sweeper will need to potentially take a hit on the switch-in (and will do so at -1 defences). Passing Shell-Smash to powerful sweeper can end the game right there. Although the most popular recipient, Terrakion, isn't available yet, there are plenty of other recipients like Gyarados that can take a hit from most common leads and live to sweep.

I've also seen people try to play mind-games by using spore on the turn after Shell-Smash, but to me it's rather unreliable all-around.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution   Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 2:02 pm

The pokemon for Febuaray will be Arcanine! It's been a great pokemon ever since it's introduction in 1st gen. Lets discuss!

Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution Arcanine
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution   Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Love Arcanine! He's the physically defensive cornerstone of the Pokemon Wars Fire Gym. Although he's been rated as UU in BW and will likely stay there in XY, Arcanine is definitely usable in OU and is often a great asset because many players don't know what to expect from him.

Arcanine has a 555 BST is great; what prevents him from shining in any one role is that it's very well rounded. His 90/80/80 defences are usable, and his 110/100/95 offences are great, but not outstanding.

Offensively, Arcanine is one of the few Pokemon that can have great success going mixed. Access to the rare Extreme Speed makes him a good late-game cleaner, and STAB Flare Blitz is nothing to laugh at off 110 base attack. Arcanine also gets great coverage options in Close Combat, Crunch and Wild Charge (and, oddly enough, Outrage from BW2 tutors). Arcanine can also pack a special move to surprise common physical walls like Skarmory and Slowbro, including Fire Blast and Solar Beam (on sun teams only). Intimidate allows Arcanine to run a Lonely or Hasty nature without being overly frail on the physical side. The lack of secondary STAB is one of the things keeping Arcanine out of OU, but he's still no offensive slouch.

On the defensive side, access to intimidate, will-o-wisp and morning sun make him a usable physical wall. While he is outclassed in pure defense by other recovery walls like Slowbro, Skarmory and arguably Quagsire, Arcanine distinguishes himself by being able to hit back hard. He also gets a decent support movepool including Roar, Morning Sun and Swagger.

Three sets from me:

Physically Offensive:

Arcanine @ Life Orb
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 hp
Adamant/ Jolly
Intimidate or Flash Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat

Physically Defensive:

Arcanine @ Leftovers
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpD
Impish
Intimidate
- Will-o-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Extreme Speed
- Roar/ Flamethrower

Mixed Offence:

Arcanine @ Life Orb
252 atk, 252 spe, 4 SpA
Lonely/ Hasty
Intimidate
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat/ Wild Charge/ Crunch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution   Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon of the Month - Data Contribution
Page 1 of 1