Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

The New Week System

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaiyin22
Water Gym Leader

The New Week System Empty
PostSubject: The New Week System   The New Week System Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi Jaiyin here,

I've been on this site for a going on a year now and I must say, the member participation and battling attitudes used to much better.
It seems to me, people dont want to battle anymore and the only people doing it are people participating in the "PWL" or "PBA" setups.
I honestly think it's SUPER boring and it's segregating the site members. I'm seriously starting to see maybe 10-12 members log on daily and I know we have wayyyy more members than that. As a Dedicated Gym Leader, this really saddens me. No one even bothers to enter the chat box anymore. I know people have lives to attend to but, this site was created for that down time when you just wanna kick back have fun with Poke'mon. With all these things considered, I propose a new SIMPLE system to give the site the life it needs again. It's called the "The New Week System". Basically we do a weekly schedule based upon the activity of the day. 3 days out of the week for Random Battles, 3 days for Tournaments that can include Item or Pokemon prizes and 1 day where we all come together to discuss the upcoming week. I think Monday,Wednesday, and Friday should be Random Battle Days. Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday should be Tournament Days and members can setup and discuss their own Tournaments on Sunday when we all come to discuss things. What do you guys think? Sound off in the comments if you agree we as a site really need this change. I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

PostSubject: Re: The New Week System   The New Week System Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 4:13 pm

First off, this requires maintenance. Meaning we'll need more mods to run/design the dailies. Someone also will have to record the results, create appropriate threads and so on. It's feasible and pretty entertaining, but it's a lot of logistics and power structuring.

That said, a more moderate approach and having 1-3 events per week would place much less of a burden on people. This place has been pretty dead, but I'm also thinking if we jump on the new AR/OS wagon quickly we'll have a ton of active people.
Back to top Go down
Jaiyin22
Water Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: The New Week System   The New Week System Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 4:18 pm

There's no need for such monitoring. One person Can keep track on Tournament days for the challenger and winner brackets. The Thread maker would be the person who proposes the tournament with whatever rules or special things that apply. Of course this is gonna also boost the upcoming remakes because the weekly activities at hand already. The Structuring is simple and The Random Battles are just the days we get on and challenge each other. Thx for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: The New Week System   The New Week System Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 4:20 pm

I like the idea of everyday having a different activity or theme for members to participate in. Though I think we need more ideas for different activities. I think it has the potential to liven things up.

Though in the end people will only participate as much as they want/can. With the school season starting back up it's no doubt activity will go down. I know my free time has gone down significantly since my reentry into the university. Though I'm sure things will pick up with the release of oras. They always do after a new game.

Not sure what kind of activities we could do but maybe one day dedicated to a certain theme battle like water type Wednesday or a trading day where people start off with a level 1 pokemon and start a chain of trading in order to get the best poke by the end of the day
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
GiantWhirlpool
Champion
Champion
GiantWhirlpool

PostSubject: Re: The New Week System   The New Week System Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 7:15 pm

All I know is I log on at least once a day to check on any updates or new posts and if people are there I enter the chatbox for a bit if im not busy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Week System   The New Week System Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Week System
Page 1 of 1