Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Changes to the gym system

Go down 
+7
Envidira
DF
[PN] dialga
Burliest Bear
[ST] Scyther_03
far257
Pokemon Wars
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

Changes to the gym system Empty
PostSubject: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 2:06 pm

Hey after a lot of discussion between the admins and mods we have decided to competently change the way our gym challenge system works.

Badges
As you know from the badge contest we are changing our badges. For now on when a gym leader retires the next one will take over their badge. I'm gonna need all current gym leaders to pick on of these badges to give out for now on. Please post which one you want, first come first serve.
Changes to the gym system Artic10Changes to the gym system Zap11Changes to the gym system Mol12Changes to the gym system Suic11Changes to the gym system Rai11Changes to the gym system Entei11Changes to the gym system Ho-oh11Changes to the gym system Lugia11

The Far257 Changes
A lot of what was proposed was proposed by Far so here are the new changes that will be enacted.

far257 wrote:

I wanted to get the mod/admin thoughts on this before putting it to the general player pop. My goals were:
- Get the gym leaders more action! Right now, people win a badge and never look back.
- Make the gyms more consistent
- Make the badge resets predictable
- Clean up the way people achieve leader status

Here's what I propose:

League Seasons
The Pokemon Wars League (henceforth PWL) will run two seasons a year. The Fall/Winter season will run from September 1 to February 28. The Spring/Summer season will run from April 1 to July 31. The months of March and August are "off seasons". I'll explain off seasons later.

Badge Resets
At the end of each PWL season, all badges will be reset. Players with at least 4 badges will instead get a special, permanent badge that shows the number of badges won in that season. For example, one of these badges might say "Season 1 - 5 badges", or "Season 1 - Master". There will be a special badge for Season Champions. After our initial reset this coming September, all players with current badges will get a "Pre-Season" badge.

Gym / E4 Requirements

Rules
Currently, we basically let leaders make up whatever rule they want. I propose we tighten the rule requirement to banning one move or ability. "No entry hazards" is no longer a viable rule, but "no stealth rock" is. Furthermore, "no weather" or "no rain" are no longer viable rules, but "no drizzle" or "no rain dance" are.

Mega Stones and Gym Types
In order for a Mega Pokemon to be included in a gym, it must have the gym's type in both its original and Mega form. For example, Gyarados is legal in a water gym, but not in a Dark gym. If Gyarados is in a flying gym, it may not mega evolve.

The Super Effective Clause
This was tested by the community earlier and technically implemented, but I don't think everyone knows it, so we should re-emphasize. We should also clarify about border cases.

- The challenger may bring no more than 2 Pokemon with typing that is offensively strong against the gym or E4 member's main type. In addition, two other Pokemon may carry super-effective moves.
- If a Pokemon changes type when mega evolving, both its before and after types count for this rules (i.e. Mega Gyarados counts as a super effective pokemon against fighting types, even though it loses its flying type when it Mega evolves. Additionally, Mega Gyarados counts as super effective against a Psychic gym since it gains the dark typing when it mega evolves)
- If a Pokemon changes types due to an ability or move (i.e. Protean, Color Change, Camouflage, Reflect Type), it still counts as its original type for the purposes of the super effective clause (i.e. Greninja counts as Dark/Water even though it can change types)

Activity
Gym leaders and E4 members must be active at least once per week (as confirmed by log-in records). Extended absence will result in the leader being replaced at the admin's discretion.

Off Seasons
In addition to what far proposed he also proposed an off season that we all tweaked a bit. An off season lasts one month. During the off season gym leaders/e4 members will be tested by testers to make sure they are still up to par. Gym leaders must past 1 test and E4 must past 2 tests but if they fail a test they can have 1 redo in order to give them a chance tweak their teams. If they fail their tests then they are kicked out of their spots and the spots are open for who ever wants to try out.

Last edited by Green Charizard on Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Changes to the gym system Dark10 I'll take this one.

We need someone to design the "Preseason" badge that will be given to people who currently have 4 or more badges.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 2:54 pm

Possible prototypes? Went with the rhydon line since it was the first pokemon created and this is our first season. For future ones we can poll the pokemon and color of the banner. Probably will make them smaller.

Changes to the gym system S1-410
Changes to the gym system S1-m10
Changes to the gym system S1-c10
Back to top Go down
[ST] Scyther_03
Ice/ Ground Elite 4
[ST] Scyther_03

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 4:13 pm

I really like these changes... its gonna be hard but so good too looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 4:16 pm

I'm not too keen on the new Mega clause. Mega Pokemon should not count for their original types if they evolve the first turn they're out, prior to making any attacks or other moves. How we've run it so far in gyms and the PWBA has been pretty effective, I think.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Another idea for the badges. Credit for idea goes to Yf/tako/whatever name he is currently going by when you read this.
Changes to the gym system S1-b11Changes to the gym system S1-s10Changes to the gym system S1-g10
Back to top Go down
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 pm

Nice! Looks really good, GC. Can you make the bronze and gold a bit more distinct? They blend a bit. Razz
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:35 pm

^this is a great idea. I like this because they're badge sized and won't take up too much space on the already bloated left-bar of this forum.

One thought - are we good with the three levels, or do we want to do the levels we currently have colors for? (beginner, experienced, veteran, master, champ) Might be too many levels, but we could just cut out the beginner badge or something.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Changes to the gym system S1-b12
Found a much better bronze Razz

Think it would be too much to do each level think we should just go with 4 badges, then all badges, then champion badge.
Back to top Go down
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:54 pm

Sounds like a plan, if I can just get my Mega Pinsir back. Cool
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 8:36 pm

Chupatortuga wrote:
I'm not too keen on the new Mega clause. Mega Pokemon should not count for their original types if they evolve the first turn they're out, prior to making any attacks or other moves. How we've run it so far in gyms and the PWBA has been pretty effective, I think.

Also for this:

The switch in-matters because you can take a hit with a different resistance. Gyarados is my favourite example but there are others like Pinir that matter a lot.

Mega Gyarados is weak to fighting, but normal Gyarados resists fighting. If the challenger brings out a fighting type against a dark team, every STAB attack he throws out should be super-effective. But if Gyarados is on the Dark gym leaders team, he can effectively switch out his current Pokemon, take a resisted hit, and then mega evolve to revenge kill or otherwise. Same could be said for Charizard X switching into otherwise resisted fairy attacks, Pinsir switching into electric attacks, and so on.

Overall, the gyms / E4 are too strong lol. Challengers should be able to earn a badge in 1-3 attempts, consistently.
Back to top Go down
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 10:37 pm

Reasonable, but I still don't like the blanket ban because it kills so many options with the pokes that change types. Razz
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:40 am

Changes to the gym system Shadow10

Looks like the badge I want (even tho it doesn't quite suit the gym specifically, but I'll make it work in time) hasn't been gobbled yet so I'm taking it! Hahaha

Lol but yeah, I choose this one.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 5:49 pm

Hey guys I know some of you have been disappointed with the new badges and to tell you the truth I'm not a big fan of them either. So Flash suggested these badges and I think we should go this way too so if no one has any objects I'd like to go these badges.

Changes to the gym system Artic10Changes to the gym system Zap10Changes to the gym system Mol10Changes to the gym system Suic10Changes to the gym system Rai10Changes to the gym system Entei10Changes to the gym system Ho-oh10Changes to the gym system Lugia10

credit for creating the badges go to:
http://kida-ookami.deviantart.com/
http://kida-ookami.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Badges-Kanto-299639041
http://kida-ookami.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Badges-Johto-183624748
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 5:53 pm

^MUCH BETTER

i guess Changes to the gym system Mol10 for the FLAMES
Back to top Go down
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Nice. Get some transparencies going...
Back to top Go down
DF
Resident Punching Bag
Resident Punching Bag
DF

Location : In the middle of the Pastoria Swamp. Tourists come by here every so often and then I get a snack

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 8:01 pm

Just throw any which one at me, they all look cool...
Back to top Go down
Envidira
Poison Gym Leader
Envidira

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Changes to the gym system Lugia10I want this badge then Razz
Back to top Go down
GiantWhirlpool
Champion
Champion
GiantWhirlpool

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Changes to the gym system Ho-oh10 grr envi! You took mine!! Oh well, its a far second.

Last edited by GiantWhirlpool on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Wrong code gw
Back to top Go down
Flash18
Electric Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 10:36 pm

I want the raikou !!!!
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:18 am

I guess I'll choose....YOU

Changes to the gym system Entei10
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Burly Bear wrote:
Nice. Get some transparencies going...
I don't quite have the skills to add the transparencies cleanly but I did resize them so they are all the same height.
Back to top Go down
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Post the files and I'll see what I can do?
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Here you go Razz

Changes to the gym system Artic10Changes to the gym system Zap11Changes to the gym system Mol12Changes to the gym system Suic11Changes to the gym system Rai11Changes to the gym system Entei11Changes to the gym system Ho-oh11Changes to the gym system Lugia11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes to the gym system   Changes to the gym system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changes to the gym system
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next