Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown   Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 7:55 pm

Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown 150px-201Unown

About Unown
Their shapes look like hieroglyphs on ancient tablets. It is said that the two are somehow related. It is a mystery as to which came first, the ancient writings or the various Unown. Research into this topic is ongoing but nothing is known. Its flat, thin body is always stuck on walls. Because different types of Unown exist, it is said that they must have a variety of abilities. When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge. They seem to communicate among each other telepathically.

Interesting Facts about Unown
  • It is the first non-legendary Pokemon to have a staring role in a movie
  • Unown has the most alternate forms of any Pokemon at 28
  • It is only possible to get shiny unowns in I and V form in generation 2 games due to the fact that both shininess and forms were determined by individual values at the time.

Unown's Stats
HP - 48
Attack - 72
Defense - 48
Sp.atk - 72
Sp.def - 48
Speed - 48

Unown in Competitive Battling
Unown due to horrible stats and only learning one move is arguably and most likely the worst Pokemon in competitive battling/in-game battling. So why does it get the honor of being the Pokemon War's Pokemon of the Month for July? Tell you the truth I just really like unown despite how bad it is. I love typing using the unown font. Even though I love it I would never recommend for a serious team but if you insist here is the absolute best set it can run.

Example Set
Unown - Choice Specs
Modest (+ Sp.attack, - Attack)
Evs: 252 Sp.atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Hidden Power (Psychic)
------------
------------
------------

The idea is to get you as much power as possible as you aren't likely to outspeed much. Choice Specs helps give you a major boost in power and works since you can only use one move anyways. You can use focus sash if you want to guarantee a hit since it's defenses are so low. Modest nature again for power but if you have real faith in unown's speed or you're going against a really slow team then you can always run a timid nature but modest is really best. Evs in sp.atk and speed to again boost your power and hope you hit something. Hidden Power psychic is recommended for it's stab however you can run whichever type you want.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
Dem
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Dem

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown   Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 am

…What about the monthly newsletter?
Back to top Go down
https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=569831
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown   Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:34 am

Been busy so I haven't gotten around to it yet but its coming.
Back to top Go down
pikachu
Youngster
Youngster
pikachu

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown   Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:29 am

How do you select monthly pokemons?
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown   Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 10:59 am

It completely random Razz

I'm thinking about adding a monthly poll to let people choose the next Pokemon of the month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown   Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon of the Month - July 2013 - Unown
Page 1 of 1