Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

How should we tier Genesect?

Go down 
+8
nanonatuvinescar
DF
[PN] dialga
$!TAKA!$
[PN] Dark Lord
Dem
SickSouls
far257
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Uber
How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
OU
How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Dem
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Dem

How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:06 am

When Uber gets in the lead again? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=569831
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:24 am

Cmon just finish the poll now it speaks for itself that genesect should be in ou !!!!
Back to top Go down
Dem
Dem

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 1:12 am

The poll doesn't even change anything, the admins are the ones that decide. There isn't really a reason why the poll has to end.
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 8:57 am

far257 wrote:
Again, not a binding poll. GC makes the final call. But since ya'll keep talking about it in chatbox...

Dem is right, as Far said as he posted the poll in the first place. Simply based on the math, Genesect is to powerful for OU, as such I voted to keep it uber.
I will try to catch GC and Dia online and chat to them about it, However, I feel some people who voted for OU Genesect may have changed there mind, and after doing the maths I think its clear that genesect is clearly Uber, its not about, who takes it out, what its weak to, or how badly is might play this gen, an uber is an uber due to stats, what its capable of and its ability in battle.
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:23 pm

first of all an uber is not an uber due to its stats. Look at kyurem B and its not its abililty which makes it uber. Look at shedinga. I mean its just more than that.
Back to top Go down
Dem
Dem

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 4:22 am

Look it DOESN'T FREAKING MATTER. No more arguments, this is going nowhere. Admins decide (and Aurath is one, Taka), members can stop complaining to them or I'll lock the topic.
Back to top Go down
Siris The Angel Of Death
Psychic
Psychic
Siris The Angel Of Death

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 6:41 pm

who doesnt want genesect you could trade him for deoxys from that hiker
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 8:48 pm

interestingly while I have been digging in the dirt waiting for my wifi to fixed, Smogon has added two new pokemon to the ban list, one I don't like but he was a little op the other, settles this argument.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-ou-suspect-process-round-1-voting.3499835/page-6#post-5244983

Smogon has banned Mega Lucario and Genesect an as we play by Smogon meta rules on this forum, this argument in concluded.
Genesect is Uber and will remain so.
Back to top Go down
Espiria
Youngster
Youngster
Espiria

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Perhaps it's not my place in this argument, but if the whole point of this tiering argument with and Gen 6 Tier idea, created by GC nonetheless, was to come up with our own way of doing things, why are we following what Smogon is doing? Mega Lucario just seems a bit unnecessary.

Although I completely agree with Genesect. Dude was super OP.
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:11 am

Well no1 has stated that we have banned Mega Lucario as yet on the forum. I think the point that Damian is making, is the fact that there have been opinions supported by battle analysis to say Genesect is OP and smogon has concurred with this. Therefore it would be logical to place him in Ubers.

Smogon is merely a guideline, not a rule
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 8:06 am

Aye granted Espiria, smogon is a guide line, the news about lucario was only added because it was in the same article. The fact that Genesect has been banned by smogon due to it being over powered was the main point I was making.

It settles the argument that's been taking place and I think that its worth following smogons opinion on this matter as they have dedicated testers and spend hours trying these things to bring us a metagame that's both fair competativly and that helps foster in lower tier pokemon without fear of a totally 'OP' pokemon smashing you because you want to run something different.

I think it helps having the smogon meta rules as a guide to help us keep the battles fair. After all wheres the fun in making a team out of pokemn that you know you need very little skill to outclass most other pokemon in the meta? I personlally prefer other pokmeon such as Crawdaunt and the fact I can now rest easy knowing I wont hit a genesect and not have a counter makes things easier. I hate Talonflame and don't wanna carry one just because genesect it about :3
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 2:45 am

To wrap this up, both myself and Damian agree Genesect is Uber based on all facts raised. With consensus from GC, it will be final, but in the interim consider this a provisional judgement and Genesect is considered Uber.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Since we have restructured how court cases are resolved lets finally get this one resolved.

Voting starts today (8/13)
Voting ends 8/20
According to case rules since this is a battle case all voters must have at least 4 badges and must post their vote.

My vote will be Genesect for uber.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:03 pm

uber. follow smogon. no reason not to.
Back to top Go down
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Far presented the case rather well.

Uber. Only person it'll make happy in OU is Gatr. Laughing
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:34 pm

Uber
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:46 am

Tommorow is the last day for voting on this case please be sure to get your votes in.
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 12:07 pm

It would help if we could change our votes. Partly because I forgot what I voted on. Uber.
Back to top Go down
DF
Resident Punching Bag
Resident Punching Bag
DF

Location : In the middle of the Pastoria Swamp. Tourists come by here every so often and then I get a snack

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:24 pm

We're still doing this? Ah, whateves. Uber. Yeah, he deserves it.
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 4:25 pm

if it wasn't clear from my earlier posts, uber.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:56 pm

Genesect remains uber by a vote of 6. Case closed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2