Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Serperior season!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

Serperior season! Empty
PostSubject: Serperior season!   Serperior season! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 5:46 pm

So, as most of us know by now... Serperior's Hidden Ability, Contrary, has finally been released!

"Serperior," you query, "why, isn't that the smug snake starter found in the Omega Ruby and Alpha Saphire editions? What makes him so special? Why would I want a Contrary Pokemon?"

Serperior season! Shiny_serperior___dw_art_by_muums-d3kthc2
(Yes, this smug mug.)

Because, my little locusts, of one move - Leaf Storm. 130 Base Power, 90 percent accurate Grass type move that lowers the user's special attack two stages when it hits - unless the user is Contrary, in which case Serperior's special attack goes UP two stages (boom, Boom, BOOM - ya dig?)

And it's special attack takes that encouragement very, very well. Running with a Base Stat Total of an unusual 528 points, the snake's spread looks something like this:

HP:           75
Attack: 75
Defense: 95
Sp.Atk: 75
Sp.Def: 95
Speed: 113 (eat dust, Garchomps!)

Unfortunately... The rest of this glorious 'mon's moves are fairly lackluster, leaving it with a fairly shallow move pool. My favored set runs:

Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Glare (egg move by breeding Arbok/Seviper) and Hidden Power Rock (guaranteed OHKO with Stealth Rocks or one Leaf Storm on Charizard or Talonflame.)

Life Orb seems to be the best choice in items, though Choice Specs remain a temptation.

There's several other sets to run, and ORAS tutor moves Dragon Pulse and Synthesis, along with another egg move, Mirror Coat (priority -1, returns double special attack damage received - great with Focus Sash) from Glaceon. But, in terms of combat potential, the focus remains on Leaf Storm + Contrary, and moves to supplement it - as well as the right teammates. Keep in mind, Serperior's still squishy, despite its appreciable bulk, and sometimes Glare is the best parting shot you can make. (Especially if they have Sucker Punch.)

Try starting off with anything that has Sticky Web - Serperior will outspeed all but a few of the fastest (Gengar remains a major threat with its Levitate) even before you drop their speed. Afterwards, it's just unfair. Talonflame remains the single greatest danger to Serperior if the web is in place, so having a major physical wall (Slowbro or Gliscor are just unfair to T-flame), as well as possibly having a Stealth Rock setter is a must for this common threat. Bulky Charizard X also is a major threat to Serperior's sweeps, and cannot be taken out safely unless Serperior is +4.

I know there are a few other sets out there... Ideas?

Also... Nominate someone to receive a shiny baby Snivy, styled to their choice! No, you cannot pick yourself.

Last edited by Burly Bear on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GiantWhirlpool
Champion
Champion
GiantWhirlpool

Serperior season! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serperior season!   Serperior season! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:19 pm

First off garchomp is 102 speed, 11 less than serp
Second lefties is better as it adds longevity to your serp massacres
Third I nominate taka because I want to make him finally feel loved Razz
Back to top Go down
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

Serperior season! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serperior season!   Serperior season! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Giga Drain ftw. And the 'let TAKA feel loved' nomination is accepted!
Back to top Go down
Nocturne
Bird Keeper
Bird Keeper
Nocturne

Serperior season! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serperior season!   Serperior season! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 2:19 pm

I would like to nominate Whirlpool, for being the only other person who nominated someone.
Back to top Go down
Breaker
Youngster
Youngster
Breaker

Serperior season! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serperior season!   Serperior season! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 7:06 pm

Serperior!? Ha! Thats sooooo 2015 ..... oh....right.... this was published in 2015.... that serperior must be dead :,/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Serperior season! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serperior season!   Serperior season! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serperior season!
Page 1 of 1