Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

How should we tier Genesect?

Go down 
+8
nanonatuvinescar
DF
[PN] dialga
$!TAKA!$
[PN] Dark Lord
Dem
SickSouls
far257
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Uber
How should we tier Genesect? Vote_lcap50%How should we tier Genesect? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
OU
How should we tier Genesect? Vote_lcap50%How should we tier Genesect? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
far257
Fire Gym Leader

How should we tier Genesect? Empty
PostSubject: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Again, not a binding poll. GC makes the final call. But since ya'll keep talking about it in chatbox...
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 11:06 am

Holy cow! It was tied two to two a few this days back! Now it's five to five! Looks like Genesect may be OU this gen! Stay tuned folks... Wait, we have three administrators now. Does this mean they each need to get into accord with one another?

Last edited by SickSouls on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo. So many typos.)
Back to top Go down
Dem
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Dem

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:23 am

Well, it looks like it's up to me to break the tiebreaker… hmmmmmm… grrrreeeeee… fwwaaaaaaaa… uhhhhhhhhmn…
*click*
Back to top Go down
https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=569831
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 6:39 am

Haha I was actually going to do this myself Far XD beat me too it. But I think once this has been up a few days more, Dia and I can decide on the out come also. (Seeing as were joined mods with the boss.
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:20 pm

Unfair how ALL the moderators WNna ban genesect to ou
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:29 pm

I want Gensect banned and I want it to stay in Ubers lol.
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:37 pm

and I second this...got ur back bro  Razz 
Back to top Go down
DF
Resident Punching Bag
Resident Punching Bag
DF

Location : In the middle of the Pastoria Swamp. Tourists come by here every so often and then I get a snack

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:39 pm

Aw... I'm not gonna get my Genesect, am I?
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Lol nothing has been decided yet DF
Back to top Go down
nanonatuvinescar
Youngster
Youngster
nanonatuvinescar

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 3:59 pm

600 Base stats along with Celebi, Cresselia, Mew, Darkrai, Deoxys, Manaphy, Zygarde, Victini, Heatran, Latias, latios, Meoloetta, and Shaymin. ALl of who are fellow legendaries.
Can learn Zap Cannon, Hyper Beam, Blizzard, Solar Beam, Thunder, and Giga-Impact.
His own Techno Blast is like a mini-Arceus being able to change type depending on what item he has.
he's literally resistant/immune to half of fall types and only weak to one.
Its only an event Pokemon.
Its ability is download.

All that into account, If that doesn't spell ÜBER, very little does...
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:19 pm

It's definitely not as good as it used to be. It lost two important resistances, its entire coverage movepool was nerfed, Talonflame and Heatran being so common means it can't switch in as often as it used to and it's overall rather vulnerable to priority and easy to wear down with just Stealth Rock.

Genesect was very effective in gen 5 because the metagame was dominated by hyper offense, so it could score easy OHKO's against the most common threats. Now that the metagame shifted to balanced/bulky offense Genesect fails to net important KO's when it needs to. It doesn't help that bug is now tied with grass for the most resisted type in the game so many top threats (Talonflame, Aegislash, Mega Mawile, Azumarill and so on) don't give a damn about U-Turn spam. Still a great pokemon, but no longer the end all be all lategame sweeper and revenge killer and who the hell uses hyper beam and zap cannon Razz
Back to top Go down
DF
Resident Punching Bag
Resident Punching Bag
DF

Location : In the middle of the Pastoria Swamp. Tourists come by here every so often and then I get a snack

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:21 pm

1.) Only TWO of the Legendary Pokemon you listed are Uber

2.) Techno Blast is a horrible move, as it takes away his Choice Scarf and makes him too slow to battle. 

3.) Scizor shares his typing. So does Durant. Typing doesn't change much here.

4.) Celebi is an event only Pokemon, but he's not Uber. Same with Mew.

6.) So is Porygon-Z's.
Back to top Go down
nanonatuvinescar
Youngster
Youngster
nanonatuvinescar

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 4:24 pm

DF, your 3, 4, and 6. Those are spreadd between several different pokemon. This is putting them all on one bastardized mutation by Plasma.
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 9:57 am

When does the poll end?
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 10:18 am

1) Scizor is OU precisely because of his typing. Without it, you get Scyther, which is solidly NU. Typing matters

2) Unlike Scizor, Genesect can use both physical and special attacks; Scizor is walled by Skarmory and other physical walls - Genesect is not, and isn't stopped by special walls like Blissey either.

3) You guys call Genesect slow? Scizor is half his speed

4) Download is an incredible ability giving him basically a free choice specs or choice band boost. Have him hold a choice scarf and you have an ubers-worthy pokemon. Although Porygon2 also gets download, its stats are far inferior, it is much slower, and it can't take advantage when it gets a physical attack boost.

5) Most of the other 600 BST legendaries that aren't uber have base 100 stats across the board which is actually not that useful. Genesect's stat distribution is much better.

Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 11:45 am

The poll is seven to eight now. We apparently got a tie breaker yesterday. Man, this is starting to become a religion war...
*jet packs away*
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:06 pm

I keep on getting 2OHKO by a flippin greninja ES didnt even do crap I MEAN TO A GRENINJA ASWELL Razz also you could get the wrong boost which makes the ability sometimes worthless and his speed is low in this metagame.
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:24 pm

Dude, Choice-Scarf genesect outspeed Greninja and kill it in one hit with U-turn.

+1 4 Atk Genesect U-turn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 368-434 (128.6 - 151.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 4 Atk Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 141-166 (49.3 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Genesect Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 246-290 (86 - 101.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

And if Genesect grabbed a special attack boost from a previous pokemon:
+1 252 SpA Genesect Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Greninja: 368-434 (128.6 - 151.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

What can greninja do?

0- Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Genesect: 49-58 (17.3 - 20.4%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Genesect: 152-179 (53.7 - 63.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Exactly it 2OHKOed me and I dont use choice scarf cuz its too unreliable AND remember it can get crippled by will o wisp AND I just got killed by a flippin milotic stupid burn.....!!

Last edited by TAKA (AKA FROZEN FIRE) on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:00 pm

lol man... just because you play genesect incorrectly doesn't mean it's not uber.

and genesect is not crippled by will-o-wisp because he's a MIXED attacker and can still fire off flamethrower, t-bolt or ice beam.
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:04 pm

Actually I do know how to use genesect no one is gonna use a choice scarf on him cuz aegislash azumarill heatran jellicent don't give a damn about u turn
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:05 pm

And cuz of sticky web choice scarf is even more unreliable
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:12 pm

TAKA (AKA FROZEN FIRE) wrote:
Actually I do know how to use genesect no one is gonna use a choice scarf on him cuz aegislash  azumarill heatran jellicent don't give a damn about u turn

mhmm. but it's u-turn. and if they come in on your u-turn, oh wait, you got a free switch to bring in another counter. Choice item + u-turn or volt-switch is amazing. The problem with u-turn is that very few pokemon get any significant power behind it. The only one other than Genesect that fires off remotely powerful u-turns is scizor, and scizor is very slow, meaning he cannot use u-turn to escape from any of these threats. Not to mention aegislash will take heavy damage from flamethrower and azumaril and jellicent are weak to thunderbolt. It's true that heatran resists most of Genesect's common moves, but one counter does not make a pokemon OU. Slowbro and Talonflame hard counter Blaziken but Blaziken us still Uber.
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:25 pm

Ok I said this in that chat box last night but I should put it here too. Genesects base attack is 120, but after the download boost, which is a +1 boost (or 50% increase) Genesect hits 180 base attack, this is for both Special and Physical. Now, while Talonflame takes Genesect out with a flare blitz, Aegislash can at best 5HKO Genesect and its still a 2-3HKO after sword dance.
Very little can withstand Genesect. Taka if you U-turn with genesect on a pokemon that resists it, you get a small amount of damage off, AND yu get to switch, it your leaving your genesect in battle using a move that's resisted by your foe, and you can't swap move due to choice scarf and you don't switch out.... well....

Genesect smashed Aegislash, 1HKO even without download boost with flamethrower. It gets perfect neutral coverage with boltbeam combo, hits steels hard with flamethrower and smashes anything bug weak and gives you momentum in battle with U-turn.
If your not running a mix set on Genesect, then your simply stupid as its base attack and special attack are same and if you download the right bonus, your uninvested moves will still hit hard.
Genesect has 99 base speed, I don't know what choice adds in terms of speed, but if its only 50% then that still brings Genesect up to a 148 base, which is faster than most.

Lastly, i'll add this.
Genesect with a physical attack download is on par in power with Deoxys- Attack and is only bettered by Mega Herracross and Mege Mewtwo X.... its becomes one of only two regular pokemon that can hit his attack stat (this is uninvested remember)

With a Special attack download Genesect hits 180 bases special attack, again on par with Deoxys Attack and the ONLY pokemon that can best that? Well its mega mewtwo Y....

Funny fact about the Mewtwo X and Y and Deoxys attack.... there Ubers!

Lastly, With a choice band adding 50% to Genesects speed, its base sits at at 148 like I said... only 5 Pokémon beat it not choiced... Genesects biggests threat in Talonflame? Well hes sitting on slot 19 in terms of speed....

Just some hard facts, Genesect is an uber for a reason. This is why.
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:38 pm

I would respond to that but that is toooooooo looooooong to remember what u said Razz and when is the poll gonna finish?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How should we tier Genesect?   How should we tier Genesect? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next