Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Klefki Sets

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

Klefki Sets Empty
PostSubject: Klefki Sets   Klefki Sets Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:52 am

Klefki Sets 707

First I want to apologize to Flash. This thread idea came up when he was complaining about klefki and I jokingly said I was going to make a klefki team. Of course this made me actually look at klefki's moves and realize that he has a lot of potential. So sorry flash you might see more klefkis in the future...

Any ways here are a few set ideas (some of them only partial at the moment) I came up with. Some of them might be good but I'm sure a lot (if not most) are gimmicky.

A set to torment you with
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Nature:?
Evs:?
Torment
Substitute
Protect
Toxic/Taunt

Pros: Annoying, Can make you last forever

Cons: Not sure if kleki has the bulk to use it efficiently, taunt bait

The idea was based off the famous 4th gen torment heatran set. Basically with two weaknesses your opponent is only likely to have one or the other. So use Torment so that your opponent can only use it every other turn. Set up a sub on the turn the non super effective move goes. Then use protect on the turn the opponent uses the super effective move. In the last slot you can use toxic to whittle the opponent's hp down. However if you have a toxic spiker on your team you could use taunt so that you yourself aren't taunted. Leftovers give you recovery for the subs.

Let's Dual! (Screen)
Item: Light Clay
Nature:?
Evs: 252 HP/?
Reflect
Light Screen
Taunt
Foul Play

Pros: Good team support

Cons: idk other pokemon pull off screens better?

Dual Screens is a pretty common term for pokemon that run both reflect and light screen. Many pokemon run it. What klefki has over them is prankster. So you are almost guaranteed to get at least one of them up. Reflect and light screen give your team a boost in defense and sp.def respectivly. You can lead with this so you can use taunt to disable other leads/any pokemon that wants to set up on you/ keep yourself from being taunted. Foul play is there in case you do get taunted and for whatever reason you shouldn't/can't switch so at least you can do some damage. Light clay makes your screens last 8 turns instead of 5.

I'm Special!
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.def
Fairy Lock
Calm mind
Draining Kiss
Taunt/ Hidden Power Ground

Pros: Potential to set up and sweep

Cons: Klefki wasn't really made to be a tank, moves are kinda weak, slow

The idea is to bring klefki in on something that really can't do much to it. Use fairy lock so it can't switch out. Then proceed to spam calm mind. Although Draining kiss might have a weak base power it does have stab, good recovery, and is boosted by calm mind. You can use taunt in order to make it easier to set up like bringing klefki in on another klefki and trapping/taunting it in order to make it useless while you set up. However hidden power ground gives klefki perfect netural coverge (I think). Evs are designed so it can take physcial hits if it has to while setting up but you can also run sp.def/sp.atk evs in place of defense if you want.

This battle puts me to sleep
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp.def
Rest
Sleep Talk
Calm mind
Draining Kiss

Pros: Good recovery

Cons: Not sure if Klefki can pull it off

Simliar to the last set. Spam calm mind. If your hp runs low use rest. Then use sleep talk to continue spamming calm mind or attack/recover with draining kiss. Allows you to get good special bulk while also infinitely recovering.

More sets possibly coming soon...
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
UZ~Ness ヾ( ・`⌓´・)ノ゙
Mega Shiny Hunter
Mega Shiny Hunter
UZ~Ness ヾ( ・`⌓´・)ノ゙

Klefki Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klefki Sets   Klefki Sets Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 5:25 am

finally someone has a good taste for klefki :-)
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

Klefki Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klefki Sets   Klefki Sets Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:38 am

I can't say I agree with the choice...sigh...a fairy AND steel type...my poor dragons

Lol Good movesets as far as I can tell though, it is a pity there is no evolution for it.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

Klefki Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klefki Sets   Klefki Sets Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Razz sorry dialga but klefki combines two of my favorite things steels and prankster. Not to mention the steel fairy typing is amazing defensively.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

Klefki Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klefki Sets   Klefki Sets Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:29 am

Ugh. You had to encourage them.
Back to top Go down
Burliest Bear
Flying/Ghost Elite 4
Burliest Bear

Klefki Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klefki Sets   Klefki Sets Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:58 pm

Thing to mention! Klefki is amazing for weather sets!

Prankster ability, calm nature, max Def and Sdf IVs and holding a Red Card
Foul Play
Swagger
Thunder Wave
(weather move)

Because of Prankster, any weather-changing move gets a +1 priority, giving you ample time to set up a few Thunder Waves, maybe even a kill, and using the weather of your choice before dying. (This thing ate a Zygarde and a Blaziken with a lucky Swagger + Foul Play combo. 1HKO on both.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Klefki Sets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Klefki Sets   Klefki Sets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Klefki Sets
Page 1 of 1