Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Off Topic Chat

Go down 
+8
Envidira
Burliest Bear
[PN] dialga
Pokemon Wars
[PN] Dark Lord
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
Dem
GiantWhirlpool
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dem
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Dem

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 5:14 am

I'm making this because the chatbox is quieter than it once was and some of us are never online at the same time as other members. Also, sometimes off topic things are too small to make a whole thread about and this'll be handy in the future. Maybe this won't die right away…
Back to top Go down
https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=569831
GiantWhirlpool
Champion
Champion
GiantWhirlpool

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 9:11 pm

so...we just hold conversations over the course of days here or something?
Back to top Go down
Dem
Dem

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 5:06 am

Yea, pretty much. It's much slower than a chatbox and has much larger messages at a time, but they're similar in some ways. It'd work a whole lot better if half of our members actually posted something for once in a while… hint hint…
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:48 am

So who else is gonna eat ice cream while watching a horror movie and secretly crying alone this valentine's while your roommates and friends, family, all go out with their dates to celebrate?

Oh, I know let's all hangout and play Pokemon instead.
Back to top Go down
GiantWhirlpool
Champion
Champion
GiantWhirlpool

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 1:37 pm

that's one option, or I could go on a date with a pretty lady. Who knows, they both sound fun
Back to top Go down
Dem
Dem

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:08 am

Er, kinda already got plans for Valentine's. I'm in an earlier timezone though, so I could probably squeeze in some gaming afterwards… it depends if I'm home or not, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 8:35 pm

Valentines? you mean sending chocolate across the ocean?...f***k this holiday...
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 10:57 am

Language, kids, some people mind it.

And it's not about the chocolate. It's about the love. Send flowers and see if she keeps them alive the next time you visit, that's how you know she's a keeper. Otherwise, use protection.
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 9:06 pm

So uhhh.... is that finally it.... Pokémon Wars has drawn is last gasp? I've been really busy with work as I'm a supervisor.... I had hoped that ORAS would have brought people back... and when GC reappeared and made the place all Christmassy things would pick up again as the big boss was back..... but maybe not.... Honestly I'm not ready to give up on my Pokémon training.... what I would have needed was people to come back and encourage me back onto training and battling... I want to so bad, I just need that push... so....
Where are people hanging out now? PM me... maybe i'll drop in and check some places out.
Back to top Go down
Dem
Dem

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 4:54 am

I've returned to an old forum for a game I play that I joined in 2012. It's not hard to see that the site is failing once again, and on the chance it dies completely I'll have a place to merge into now. This is probably my favorite forum that I've been a part of ever, so I hope it doesn't come to that.

My internet isn't working, and I'll need Telstra to come and fix it tomorrow. This could take up to a week, and I won't be on much until its done. Don't die on me while I'm gone please.
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Ugh, I was laughing a minute ago and now I'm depressed thanks to you two!

I'll try to get Df and Envi and Naruto and MetaMost online since I have their phone numbers,,, but half of them blocked me xD
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 7:01 pm

I speak to Envi via Facebook... Its the issue that we have no new members because were not active enough and the members we do have aren't staying active because when they come on no one else is here. Lol I got in maybe 4-5 times a day. Its part of my quick bar cycle and the past 2 weeks there has only been one time I've logged in to find another member viewing the forum.
Back to top Go down
GiantWhirlpool
Champion
Champion
GiantWhirlpool

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 10:15 pm

I usually just come on when I first start using my laptop and stay if people are here, I sometimes check after that, but its still pretty empty at times
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 pm

When I first started this forum I was a high school student with lots (probably too Laughing ) free time. I've always believed that the key to a good forum is good management and when I had that time I was able to run every section of this place by myself and advertise.

Well fast forward a few years and my seemingly infinite free time has pretty much disappeared. I hired more management with Aurath and Dialga but Dialga isn't that active anymore and I'm not that much either.

I've always been a huge believer in keeping a small amount of mods and admins but maybe if this place is to survive we may need to change that philosophy. We may need to hire more in order to keep things running. Maybe we give everyone 1 section of the forum to be in charge of running.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
Dem
Dem

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 11:26 am

As in, have a mod for every forum? I'm not sure that you can give people only some admin rights for a specific section, so they wouldn't have to do much. Apart from that, I reckon that's actually a really good idea. But the thing is, would it make the forum more active? By the way, I dunno about the rest of the staff, but I have a ridiculous amount of time on my hands. Even right now I've just left a party and I'm writing this at 3 am. Drinking with friends is great and all, but I can do something more productive than that. If you need any extra help with something to do with the forum, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Dem Dogg on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 11:56 am

For the question of "would it make the forum more active?" I believe members stick around when they see an active management. Not to mention an active management will create new things that give people a reason to stick around.

I believe that it is possible to give partial mod rights for each section of the forum through the admin panel (though I would probably just give them full mod rights in case of an emergency). Giving a head of each section would probably help out a lot as each section would be given more specific attention.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 4:13 pm

i honestly like seeing the staff active. it shows that they care about the cite. last forum i was apart of, the admin was literally non existent.
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 5:50 pm

The issue I would have with splitting the forum like that is each person would have there own views on how to run there section, not to mention the fact that if one of the mods isn't active for a long time, that area of the site will suffer.

The reason we have MOD's is to keep the site running in the absence of Admins. As it is the mods are as inactive as the admins are.
I also don't feel the problem can b solved by simply promoting members to either admin or mod status, really the only issue is were busy and as people drift away, the site dies out. We either need a sure fire way to make the site active again, bring members back and draft in new blood, or we need some sort of incentive to encourage members to join us and stick about....
Sadly things like tournys wont work as we simply don't have the interest due to inactivity or lack of interest, which is why the PWBA and the type trials aren't likely to happen.....
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:57 pm

*cough cough thi should all be in the feedback section cough*

I don't really see the complexity, get here and stay, and by here, I mean the chatbox. It all happens in the chatbox, I think that's what matters most.

What we need is more "party starters", someone that's first to get to the chatbox and STAYS in the chatbox to attract more people. No one stays if there is no one in the chatbox, no one wants to start the party, only join one.

Last night I found Bluest Ivy (what a name) onlineALONE waiting for someone to join in the chatbox. So I stayed. And then Nova came by and stayed. And then Dark Feraligatr. Then we all stayed for a considerable time, the type that makes you come back. That's how it all should be and jt all happened because one person stayed there alone for a few minutes.

It was fun, it really brought back memories of how the forum used to be when it was at its finest.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 6:19 pm

I think one of the things we got to focus on fixing is the old gym section. We kinda started reforming it but didn't finish. People used to wait for gym leaders to appear on the chatbox but now they don't cause we don't have a working gym section.
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 8:58 pm

I see where your coming from SS. But the issue is that with my job I don't get much spare time and the last thing I wanna be doing when I get some time to myself is just sorta sit and wait.... Got lots of Xbox playing, dog walking and playing, girlfriend time, family time and working on my motorbike to consider too... But you right, we need party starters....

If I could get my spark back for Pokémon, I would more than happily sit on here while building Pokémon sets. Sadly my note book with set ideas, spreads, and Pokémon is sat under a pile of bills, letters and paperwork from work lol....

So if you have any ideas to refuel my spark.... I'm all ears...
Back to top Go down
GiantWhirlpool
Champion
Champion
GiantWhirlpool

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 9:56 pm

yea, Id say I got plenty of free time, I mean, im a senior who is already accepted into college, so not much I need to do
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 3:54 am

I admit, my presence here is atrocious.

It's been far too long where I've sat and chatted and battled for hours on end.

Life gets in the way of things, like Aurath, I work late almost every night, my girlfriend has moved in so there is mandatory quality time and then on top of that there are my studies too which I have night lectures for.

But excuses only go so far.

Staff need to be more active for anything to happen and I know that includes me even more than my fellow admins who are still way more active than the stranger dialga who graces the forum only from time to time.

The truth is, I do love this forum with a passion. This forum along with the previous forum the current admins were on, made me the battler I am today. All you guys are the reason Pokemon became such a big part of me and the reason I have every game and finally battling in my country's VGC Regionals and possibly Nationals this year.

The point is, this forum is amazing and that's what we need people to see and why I don't believe, no matter how down we get now, it will ever fall down. But it's up to us and I for one will not give up and will be trying my best.
Back to top Go down
GiantWhirlpool
Champion
Champion
GiantWhirlpool

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Yea, I decided to get into VGC this time around, I say that but its only been one day. Im gonna try and join the cbox every night after im done with everything that I gotta do. It might be a bit late but ill do my best with sports startin up again, to get my spark back. Im even gonna finally go and get bank to bet my sapphire battle ready finally, its been far too long.

Hopefully ill see a few of you in the chat tonight
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 10:51 pm

Who are you and what have you done with the rosy-cheeked boy I know?

I'll follow you, Poo, but it'll be awkwardly silent so hopefully someone will follow me to the chatbox...like right now. I'm so bored and have no one to smash Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Off Topic Chat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off Topic Chat   Off Topic Chat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off Topic Chat
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next