Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar   Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 2:06 pm

Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcVxCAzXPW2-HIQfMF1-X6iL5bSNY7yiFMI9O0qg1UPS7lpz6Y

About Tyranitar
Extremely strong, it can change the landscape, it can bring down a whole mountain to make its nest. In just one of its mighty hands, it has the power to make the ground shake and mountains crumble. The quakes caused when it walks can also make mountains crumble. If it rampages, it knocks down mountains and buries rivers. Maps must be redrawn afterward. Its body can't be harmed by any sort of attack, because of this it wanders about in mountains seeking new opponents to fight. Other than that it doesn't not care about others due to its insolent nature.

Interesting Facts
- Mega Tyranitar has the highest base stat total of all Rock-type and Dark-type Pokémon.
- Mega Tyranitar has the highest base Attack and Defense stat of all Dark-type Pokémon.
- Tyranitar has the most type weaknesses of any fully evolved pseudo-legendary Pokémon, with seven.
- No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Tyranitar.
- The Tyranitar from the 4th movie shares the same roar with Dialga from movies 10, 11 and 12.
- Tyranitar is the slowest pseudo-legendary Pokémon.

Stats
Type: Rock/Dark
HP - 100
Attack - 134
Defense - 110
Sp. Atk - 95
Sp. Def - 100
Speed - 61

Mega Stats
Type: Rock/Dark
HP - 100
Attack - 164
Defense - 150
Sp. Atk - 95
Sp. Def - 120
Speed - 71

Abilities
Sand Stream - Causes a sandstorm when switched into battle
(HA) Unnerve - Opponent can't eat berries

Tyranitar in Competitive Battling
I don't even know how to begin...It is once of the most fearsome Pokemon to come out of Johto. 4 generations after it's introduction not only is it still useful but it can fill a diverse set of roles. Special wall, set up sweeper, support it can do so many things. What makes it's so good though? Is it its great stats, ability to summon a sandstorm upon entry, or just great looks. As if it wasn't already good enough it got a mega evolution. Why did they give this pokemon a mega over some other pokemon that could of used it like I don't know maybe butterfree. Mega butterfree would be awesome. Well not all is good for tyranitar it does have 7 weaknesses, its sandstorms got nerfed down to 5 turns (8 if you wana hold smooth rock) as oppose to the endless sandstorm it got last gen, and it got unnerve as its hidden ability instead of something useful like intimidate. Either way if you want to use it I'm sure you will have no problem finding a place for him on your team.

Your last dance
Item: Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Steam
Evs: 252 atk, 252 spe, 4 def/hp
Nature: Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
- earthquake
- crunch/ ice punch

There are so many sets for tyranitar and I'm sure some of you guys will end up posting some but here are just a few. After just one Dragon Dance mega tyranitar hits with alot of power and outspeeds most unboosted pokemon. Stone edge is a powerful stab enough said. Combine stone edge with earthquake and you've got great coverage. Crunch is another powerful accurate stab however ice punch can be used if you wana hit gliscor, 4x weak dragons like garchomp, landorus.

Armored Dino
item: Assult Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
Evs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Def/ 4 atk
Nature: Careful/Sassy
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Earthquake
-Stone edge, Ice beam, Fire Blast, Brick Break, low kick, superpower, power up punch

I know what your thinking why would you put armor on a Pokemon that according to the Pokedex has a body that can not be harmed by attacks? Well assult vest boosts his good special defense by 50%. Add that to the boost you get for being a rock type in a sand storm and you've got a monster special wall on your hands. Crunch allows you to take out those ghost or psychic types. Pursuit allows you to still take them out if you think they are going to switch. Earthquake is coverage. Your last slot is also coverage stone edge is for flying types. You can use a special attack for coverage since his sp.atk stat is useable. If you want ice beam or fire blast use a sassy nature instead of careful. Brick break is useful in case you run into a dual screener. Low kick/super power if you want a more powerful fighting type move. Power up punch to help boost your attack since you can't use dragon dance with assult vest.

Supportive T-rex
item: leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.def/ 4 atk/def
Nature: Careful
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Rock Slide/Pursuit/Iron Head

Every team can use a good stealth rock user. Why not tyranitar? Thunder wave cripples other pokes. Dragon tail to help spread status/ stealth rock damage. Rock slide is a good accurate stabe. Pursuit destroys thoses who may want to switch for you. Iron head for pesky fairys immune to dragon tail.

Other Options
Weakness Policy, choice items, mixed attacker, full special attacker, rest talker, etc the list goes on and on. Your going to have to do some research on your own to find your perfect set.

Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
I-B Loomin
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
I-B Loomin

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar   Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:19 pm

this seems fun. can i write some sets too?
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar   Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 12:37 am

Officially, like Gc's? Maybe, maybe.

You could just post one here on this thread. Hmm. I just noticed how well the Supportive T-Rex set would work in a VGC battle.
Back to top Go down
Siris The Angel Of Death
Psychic
Psychic
Siris The Angel Of Death

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar   Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 4:33 pm

wait... its the slowest psuedo? mine is faster then my lvl 100 rapidash
Back to top Go down
Dem
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Dem

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar   Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 7:21 am

Siris The Angel Of Death wrote:
wait... its the slowest psuedo? mine is faster then my lvl 100 rapidash
Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar Picard-facepalm
Back to top Go down
https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=569831
Siris The Angel Of Death
Psychic
Psychic
Siris The Angel Of Death

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar   Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2014 8:07 am

well it is... then again i used the super trainer for speed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar   Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon of the Month - August 2014 - Tyrainitar
Page 1 of 1