Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird   Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:59 pm

Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird 250px-225Delibird

About Delibird
It carries food all day long. If attacked, it throws its food at the opponent. There are tales about lost people who were saved by the food it had. It nests at the edge of sharp cliffs.

Interesting Facts
- One of the few Pokemon that can learn TM moves even though it learns less the 4 moves by level up.

Delibird's Stats
HP - 45
Attack - 55
Defense - 45
Sp.atk - 65
Sp.def - 45
Speed - 75

Delibird's Abilities
Vital Spirt - Prevents Sleep. Increases wild encounter rate
Hustle - Physical attackers do 50% more damage. Loses 20% Accuracy on physical moves. Increases wild encounter rate.
Insomnia (HA) - Prevents Sleep.

Delibird in Competitive battling
For the Pokemon to receive the honor of being given the first gen 6 analysis of Pokemon Wars is ... Delibird? Umm... yeah delibird has never been a great Pokemon competitively but glad to see you guys are getting into the spirit of the holidays. It's highest stat is a 75 base speed which is ... below average. Lets see it learns one move by level up ... present ... which has a chance to heal the opponent. It's got some cool egg moves! It gets rapid spin ... but it's 4x weak to stealth rock ... I guess it is still good for spinning spikes and toxic spikes. It gets destiny bond ... attach a choice scarf and send it in on a pokemon you have problems with. You'll lose delibird but your opponent will have lost something too...assuming they attack and don't set up. It learns splash as an egg move... not really useful just thought I'd mention it. Overall good mascot for the holidays not for your team.

Example Movesets

The Christmas Band
Delibird - Choice Band
Ability - Hustle
Nature - Jolly
Evs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Ice Shard
Ice Punch
Aerial Ace
Power-up Punch

The combination of choice band and hustle gives you ... decent attacking power. Makes sure you at least get a hit. Ice punch is stab with more power. Aerial ace never misses and is stab which is good when combined with hustle's accuracy reducing effect. Power-up punch provides coverage and can power you up (though you'll probably get knocked out before you get to anything even close scary). You could switch jolly with adamant if you just want to spam ice shard. You could also replace power-up punch with brick break/seed bomb for power/water coverage (though seed bomb is pokebank move).

Spinning toy
Delibird - focus sash
Ability - Hustle
Nature - Jolly
Evs - 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 hp
Ice Shard
Rapid Spin
Destiny bond
Ice punch/aerial ace/spikes/fake out/present/splash/other filler move

Umm yeah you could use rapid spin of delibird even if it's 4x weak to stealth rock it should still be able to spin spikes/toxic spikes away. Ice shard could be used to revenge kill if your lucky enough. Rapid spin to get rid of the hazards. Focus sash is there in case your opponent didn't use stealth rock you can guaranteed to survive a hit so you can spin away spikes. Destiny bond is there so you can take the opponent out after your done with your spinning. Last slot is filler. Ice punch and aerial ace are good stabs. Spikes can be used if your lucky enough to set them up (I honestly don't see how with delibird but your smart and if your that desperate to use delibird with spikes you'll figure it out). Fake out is a bit of free damage which good gift for you even if it's only a small amount. Fake out could also ruin sturdy and focus sash users. Present is just if you want to use delibird's signature move (after all who doesn't like using signature moves). Splash is for trolling your opponent (or in the very rare situation where your opponent uses mimic and your smart enough to predict it).
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird   Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 1:04 pm

Oh common how can you run Delibird without Present... Can't use a Troll-Mon without its Troll-Move
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird   Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:25 pm

Good point!! xD oh, but it's a terrible move xD
Back to top Go down
ShiniBara-Kami
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
ShiniBara-Kami

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird   Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 10:50 pm

what use this page?
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird   Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 9:47 am

^ what language speak you?
Back to top Go down
ShiniBara-Kami
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
ShiniBara-Kami

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird   Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 1:05 pm

far257 wrote:
^ what language speak you?

are you talking with me? if yes, why are you asking?
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird   Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Because your first sentence was a crime to the English language xD I assure you we mean no offense, however Razz
Back to top Go down
ShiniBara-Kami
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
ShiniBara-Kami

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird   Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2016 11:27 pm

xD I tought to have already answered to this but in a different way, i excuse for the delay so i was just curious, and i don't remember what i was meaning and still answering i speak italian and a better english than the one i was using in that message and better enough to say that also his answer was not perfect for engish lenguage ;P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird   Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon of the Month - December 2013 - Delibird
Page 1 of 1