Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

When you go to your local game store

Go down 
+3
pokeprincess
GiantWhirlpool
Nova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nova
Dark Gym Leader
Dark Gym Leader
Nova

When you go to your local game store Empty
PostSubject: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 3:34 pm

When buying a new new pokemon game or getting a event pokemon, what do you do?

Do you walk in with a straight face and just buy the game?

Or do you make up an excuse?

I want to know =D

For the last game X&Y I bought it with a straight face haha but this time I used my little cousin as an excuse. I bribed him with ice cream to come with me =D haha.
Back to top Go down
GiantWhirlpool
Champion
Champion
GiantWhirlpool

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 8:49 pm

i bought it like i would any other game, with great shame and embarrassment. Just kidding, im too good for shame, i had a nice long conversation with the cashier at game stop about the game, he got it too and we talk about how it was and how it compared to  the original and such, and same other games that were coming out at that time. i do that with everyone about anything so im used to it
Back to top Go down
Nova
Dark Gym Leader
Dark Gym Leader
Nova

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Thats cool haha. Where I live its either play CoD or you get funny looks lol. Playing the game right now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pokeprincess
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
pokeprincess

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 3:04 pm

I talk with them all the time about pokemon why be embarrassed for loving a game who cares what others think it only matters what you think of yourself Razz
Back to top Go down
Nova
Dark Gym Leader
Dark Gym Leader
Nova

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Hehe I wish I had courage like that. But I like to hangout with different groups of people, not sure that would work out well for me. But nonetheless I like your view on things pokeprincess \(^.^)/
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:19 pm

I normally pre-order mine and get it in the post.... But when I went into Newcastle on the 28th of Feb, I talked to the guy behind the counter while I waited for them to check all the stuff I was trading in and talked in length about Pokémon competently lol. I even picked up the event Darkari code. He even went as far as to ask me for a battle... sadly I had left my ds at home coz I didn't wanna risk having it stolen as it was Match day XD
Back to top Go down
Dem
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Dem

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 6:31 am

I've got a very diverse group of friends when it comes to video games. There's the Call of Duty YouTuber, the League of Legends fanatic who spits at consoles, the sports game guy who attempts to call himself a 'gamer' just to fit into conversation, and then there's me. I'm the only one who owns a 3DS, the only one who continued to play Pokemon past their childhood, the only one who would prefer a Wii U over a PS4. I'm the Nintendo guy. When my group found this out, nobody even cared. There was no reason for this to be weird and I didn't stand out in the group, because that's pretty much what everyone else was like. I sat down and I thought to myself, "Why would some people think that I'm too old for Pokemon? Really, Pokemon is just a game that interests some people more than others. Just because it's aimed at younger people doesn't mean that age necessarily has to have anything to do with it. I mean, the people on the forum here are all older people*. You look at large Pokemon forums, and most are still older people." 

I go into the game store and pick up a copy of Pokemon, maybe talk a bit to the cashier before I leave. The end, really. I doubt anyone would judge, because they've got their own games that they like to play, and I've got mine. So to answer your question, I neither make a straight face nor excuse. It's just an everyday normality that doesn't make me, or anyone else, feel any different**.

*I'm aware that the reason is likely to do with the fact that young children don't stick around forums much, I'm just saying that it's not some weird taboo that nobody does.

**Yea, there'd still be that one guy who's like, "Ooh, this guy plays kid's games, yada-yada-insert-insult-here," but they're mostly just general CENSOREDs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=569831
Nova
Dark Gym Leader
Dark Gym Leader
Nova

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 11:56 am

Hehe very inspiring, think I'll be walking in next time and getting it as I did the previous ones haha. Thanks for all the posts guys! I'm a shy person when it comes to meeting people for the first time and not knowing what they like. (Totally a bad conversation starter haha) but I'll try to say something xD
Back to top Go down
DF
Resident Punching Bag
Resident Punching Bag
DF

Location : In the middle of the Pastoria Swamp. Tourists come by here every so often and then I get a snack

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 8:11 pm

I'm a 6'5" natural born Russian who has to duck slightly to get through the entrance to the store, I'm often dressed in black entirely with Marilyn Manson attire, and I also slightly resemble Slenderman, so the cashier rarely says anything about me buying a game for ten year olds. Buying Pokemon is easy for me, mostly due to intimidation factor.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 7:19 pm

i charge through the entrance, clad in my Bracadios Armor and Barioth Sword and Shield, slap my money on the counter, and demand my MH4U...anyone in the charge path better watch out...
Back to top Go down
Dem
Dem

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 6:44 am

DF wrote:
I'm a 6'5" natural born Russian who has to duck slightly to get through the entrance to the store, I'm often dressed in black entirely with Marilyn Manson attire
What is this who are you
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder wrote:
Read the thing he said because I'm not copy and pasting it.
I have no idea what that is, other than the title and what it's called. And about 6384 people talking about getting it. What even is it like? Is it worth the cash dollars? You know what nevermind I'll just look it up, you aren't gonna reply anytime soon. I should probably delete this but eh, have a thing.

EDIT: It actually looks a lot better than I thought it would. Except for this part:
"The new version of the game was released alongside New Nintendo 3DS in all regions except Australia…"
Dammit Nintendo, every time, I swear to Arceus… I'd actually get it if I had money. I don't.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=569831
GiantWhirlpool
Champion
Champion
GiantWhirlpool

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 3:45 pm

I got the third one but got tired of it pretty quickly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you go to your local game store   When you go to your local game store Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When you go to your local game store
Page 1 of 1