Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

champion and e4

Go down 
+2
Blue
$!TAKA!$
6 posters

Should champion reset their badges if they lose?
Yes
champion and e4 Vote_lcap42%champion and e4 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
No
champion and e4 Vote_lcap58%champion and e4 Vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 9:58 am

I really think we should consider not resetting badges if u are champ because its unfair if the challenger loses to an e4 yet he still gets to carry on yet in the game if u lose to an e4 member you have to start again.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tamer
Tamer
Blue

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:27 pm

who said they get to carry on?
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:44 pm

The people who control the rules such as moderators etc.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tamer
Tamer
Blue

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 10:34 pm

i thought that if you lost to an e4 member you forfeited all previous wins against e4. im pretty sure its in the rules
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:10 am

No GC decided it would be unfair that challangers to the E4 would have to retake all the E4 members.... This is one of the reasons I wanted to change the gym system as its not very clear in a lot of places.
Members who lose to an E4 member SHOULD have to rechallange all E4 members.
Champion match should be best 2 out of three
Lastly I think the anyone who fails to beat the champion or if the champion is defeaded himself, they should have to take all the gyms on and the E4 again. tis way there is a sense of challenge to the system.
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:48 am

^i can see retake the the e4 but why the badges? That's a lot to re-earn. Even in the games, if you lose vs. the E4 you just go back to victory road, not to the starter town Razz
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 9:08 am

Which is why I put a poll. GOGO MY POLL
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 12:10 pm

Once a challenger has passed the gyms and reaches the E4 the gyms become useless in effect to that player. Unless we have a constant flow of new people to the forum the gym leaders will grow bored, as I did, although I was only a gym leader for a short time I only actually had 3-4 challengers.... Ijust think that it would help keep the current users active and although its a pain for each failed E4 attempt to end you up with needed to take on the gyms again, it will retest your skill and the gyms.

Also, I know your clinging to the fact that in the game you don't start back in the home town if you lose to the champ (I'm not saying this will happen if you lose to an E4 member, you just have to take on all the E4 again) But in the Anime, Ash loses to each of the E4 at different points..... from what you can gather from the Anime, the Pokémon league isn't an everyday event, its help once a year, hence why at some ash as to rush. So what I'm proposing is like having to qualify for the E4 again if you lose to simulate this.

The way it works in the game is so the play wont get bored waiting to take on the E4. Anime shows trainers having to battle up to the E4 challenge rather than just getting the badges and walking into the league and battling 5 trainers...

lol sorry XD long rant but this is how I feel... It gives everyone a fair chance to battle.
Back to top Go down
DF
Resident Punching Bag
Resident Punching Bag
DF

Location : In the middle of the Pastoria Swamp. Tourists come by here every so often and then I get a snack

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Aurath, you make an excellent point, but don't you think recollecting the badges after losing to ANY ONE of the Elite Four is a bit excessive? I mean, say you or I were taking on the Elite Four, and defeated every single one, but lost to the last one. By the point you're trying to make, we'd have to battle all of the Gym Leaders again and that's when it gets tedious. Some Leaders are on at different times and it can be hard to get all eight badges again. You got them once, so clearly you are strong enough. Why should you have to prove that again? It's like building a house and if you make one mistake, you have to tear it down again to prove you can build it again.

Also, I get that you're trying to compare this the anime, but you also have to remember the track record of the anime. We have had a Darkrai show up in the Pokèmon League once. Also, in some variations of the anime's league, you aren't even battling Elite Four. You're battling other trainers in a tournament style competition to see who can have the right to take on the Champion. Please note that this was the same league in which one of the Challengers had a Darkrai.

Yes, it indeed gives everyone a fair chance to battle, but it also makes the whole league into a tediously long, repetitive, boring battle fest where if you mess up once you have to start again from the beginning.

champion and e4 013-in-my-opinion
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:58 pm

lol DF, you don't have to beat all the gyms if you fail on the E4 if you care to read the second in brackets in my pervious post you will see that. However you should have to if you lose to the champion or get beaten as the champion.

Also yes in the Anime someone used Darkari.... but we use Celebi and other none banned ubers here ;P And seeing as Celebi is more intrested in time travel... its funny we use it here XD just saying.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tamer
Tamer
Blue

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 11:53 pm

So, champions lose all badges when they lose, challengers keep badges when they lose to e4 or champion. Seems fair
Back to top Go down
DF
Resident Punching Bag
Resident Punching Bag
DF

Location : In the middle of the Pastoria Swamp. Tourists come by here every so often and then I get a snack

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 12:28 am

Psssh, me reading? Aurath, you know I'm a lazy bastard.
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 6:08 am

No Challangers lose there badges if they lose to the champion lol
Back to top Go down
$!TAKA!$
Champion
Champion
$!TAKA!$

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 6:54 am

That means if red loses to me another time he has to restart?
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 8:16 am

Yep
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:35 am

Nonetheless I agree with the supernaturally smart alligator. I think it's a bit excessive to restart the badge count of any defeated challenger for whatever reason. I'd rather be done with the gym badges as soon as the eighth one is earned, the elite four come in and that's the end. If one loses to the champion, that trainer should only have to beat the E4 again.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

champion and e4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: champion and e4   champion and e4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

champion and e4
Page 1 of 1