Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Hi everyone.
Now as we know the forums been a little less active of late. It also seems that the hype from the multi tounry has all but died out, as I don't think anyone has battled yet.... So!
Taka though it might be a good idea to have a vote.

So what I would like you to do is to put your ideas for a tounry here. Think up your rules also and post all you can. I'll start.

My idea is to have a regional tournament. Everyone who enters choses one pokemon for each region giving you six Pokémon, and then we battle with them. This means we can see what people like from each area of the Pokémon world.

Let me know what you think and please share your ideas here also!
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 6:55 pm

Hmm. They'd have to be Pokemon from that can only be found in the region, no? Like a Scrafty can only be caught in B/W... I'd join. And it is difficult to find four people online, maybe we should schedule some dates for that.

I was thinking maybe have a tournament based on Aegislash? Simple enough, breed your own Aegislash, battle another trainer. One on one, any set goes. Aegislash vs. Aegislash is definitely an intense moment for everyone.
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 7:51 am

1) Single Pokemon Tournament... x6!: Your team can only have 1 Pokemon - define a Pokemon as a single Pokedex entry. They can all carry different items, use different sets etc., but has to be ONE Pokemon. Rotom is banned. Could also be done 3v3.

2) Starter Pokemon Tournament: 3v3 battle - Your team must be all starters and you must have one grass, one fire and one water-type starter. Could also be done as a triple battle.
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Well far just put me to shame here xD

I liked the idea of the starters, but with Blaziken being banned, that would mean one would have to resort to Blaziken with the ability Blaze, right? I like This idea, make it a triple battle. Would we get to pick our three Pokemon from any generation? Say, Venasaur, Samurrott, and Charizard? I want this.

Also, shouldn't this topic be in the feedback section ?
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 10:25 pm

SickSouls wrote:
Well far just put me to shame here xD

I liked the idea of the starters, but with Blaziken being banned, that would mean one would have to resort to Blaziken with the ability Blaze, right? I like This idea, make it a triple battle. Would we get to pick our three Pokemon from any generation? Say, Venasaur, Samurrott, and Charizard? I want this.

Also, shouldn't this topic be in the feedback section ?

Very Happy

Working 8am-2am every weekday and weekends 10am-midnight is driving me a little crazy... need some Pokemon as an outlet Razz

yeah banning speed boost blaziken is probably important... although he is more handle-able in multibattles.

and yes, choose across generations. I'm going venusaur, charizard and greninja. stop me if you can Very Happy
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:39 pm

I really like Far's idea also. However I worry that some starters may not get used due to bad stats. I would also assume no megas to keep it fair?

Other than that, great idea.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tamer
Tamer
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:27 pm

what about a completely random team. use a random number generator to get 6 pokedex entries (obviously if a banned pokemon comes up then you have to rechoose)
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Its an ok Idea Blue, but then you gotta consider how unfair it could be If someone gets a broken pokemon fighting a team of stuff that's sup par XD

I would say a good idea would be for us to have a random letter tounry. YOu get given 6 random letters and have to chose pokemon that start with those letters.
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:42 pm

Aurath wrote:
Its an ok Idea Blue, but then you gotta consider how unfair it could be If someone gets a broken pokemon fighting a team of stuff that's sup par XD

I would say a good idea would be for us to have a random letter tounry. YOu get given 6 random letters and have to chose pokemon that start with those letters.

we could do this by using the random team generator on smogon/showdown instead of on the ds. that thing will lower the level of your pokemon if it's OP. For example, if you get kyogre, it comes out at level 70, whereas if you get beedrill, it comes out at level 95.
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:14 pm

SickSouls is excited. I want tournaments...
Back to top Go down
[PN] Dark Lord
Dark/Psychic Elite 4
[PN] Dark Lord

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 7:08 am

Hmm I like that idea too Far, but I prefer being able to battle on my 3DS :3 using the pokemon I lovingly rasied. Same SS.... I think Fars starter pokemon is the best idea.... Far wanna PM so we can discuss it? Pm me the rules you think we should have and any other info you wanna add and we'll get the tounry set up for the weekend?

Also guys keep posting, we can use this thread to feed more tounry ideas for the future.
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 10:09 am

I just wish we could get the multi-battle to work....there has to be some way to combat people always missing each other. I know I'm one of the culprits, but i'm working on it.

And stop changing ur name Damez....u're hurting my head lol
Back to top Go down
far257
Fire Gym Leader

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 10:37 am

PM sent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas   Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Wars Tounrament Ideas
Page 1 of 1