Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

The website dying!

Go down 
+7
Dem
Pokemon Wars
[PN] dialga
Blue
Luxray15
SickSouls
A M R
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 3:13 pm

I notice that most of the time that we end up getting a new member to the site we end up losing them fairly quick. I don't know if it is because they don't understand the site, or if its because they find interest in it because it isn't live enough or open. I think the site could use a modification or 2 to make he site more friendly, I know this sounds craze but the color blue is more opening and warming to the Human mind which is why sites such as Twitter, Facebook, MySpace etc. use it. Here are some suggestions to make the site a little more user friendly and inviting. (Feel free to post your own)

-Some where on the left or right side of the home page i think there should be a "Users online" section with their name and heir Avatar present on a list.

-Win and loss record, i think there should be an actual counter for wins and losses for each player instead of what me and SickSouls do(we created our own record in our signature) I think it would make it more easy to recognize and get to know each trainer better to see who's excelling and who needs help.

-Maybe a section on a user profile or a section on the site where you could see all the Trainers Pokemon that they own, names and Levels, and moves if they want.

-Video or voice chat, i think if this site had a live video or voice chat section just like the chat box it would make this site a lot more fun especially when it comes to interactive battling.

-More moderators, i feel there should be more moderators that have the power to hold tryouts for gyms and elite 4 and change names colors and all that good stuff. I think it would definitely keep the site more active and live.

-Maybe if we could do a little more customization to our profiles i always thought that was a cool thing that any site had.

-Top trainers of the week, month and all time. I think it be nice for some trainers to be recognized for great battling or tremendous effort and so on for a week period month or all time.

Thats is all i can think of for right now, remember these are just my thoughts in to keeping the site from dying. Feel free to leave your opinions or your own personal thoughts on changes you think the site should add.

In no way am i saying this site is bad, i love this site and it is very well put through i don't have a problem with it. I just think things need to be done to get more users and to keep them from leaving or getting bored.
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 4:45 pm

Wow... Aizrod, what a surprise... I really do agree with the idea of keeping records, then we'd know who the best really is! Regardless of title/rank!

And the top trainer sounds even better! We all joined here because we want the friendly competition and activity that this site gives to our pokemon games! Were it not for this site; I'd be done with the game, completely!

Not so sure about adding another tester out there, I know it's what we need at the moment, but once Gc gets things settled, he'll be here daily and will gladly test everyone. We can't really trust anyone else for the tester position, because anyone could easily accept a rare pokemon in exchange for the tittle. No one would even be aware of such dirty business. Though I'd trust Dialga and Dem dog. They should be able to test those in need.

That's all I can say... Deeply agree with most of Aizrod's ideas.
Back to top Go down
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Luxray15
Team Galactic
Team Galactic
Luxray15

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 5:43 pm

I think we just need more people who want to compete and interact. I noticed new people usually join just to get a trade or something and then leave. That was my purpose at first but then I noticed thr gym battles and all that and that really caught my attention. I noticed after many sites just like this but I know this one had it's faithful users. Lol I saw one forum where they had a trading section and the moderators kept telling people to hack Pokemon amd to stop posting on the trading section. Anyways I think we just need to invite experienced Pokemon fans that actually like competing.
Back to top Go down
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 6:20 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Tamer
Tamer
Blue

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:40 pm

excellent work aizrod. I saw on another site that once every 2 weeks at a specific time, all the members would gather in the chatbox and also in the wifi room to battle and trade. The winner would get a prize, be it a pokemon/item, this would promote activeness and help out strugling trainers while also making it more fun.
To get people to be online at that time they had to signup in advance, probs just to make it happen
Back to top Go down
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 10:59 pm

See yeah, i think this site could use stuff like that, fun things to do every once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 2:22 am

I agree with most of the ideas Aizrod, good post. I don't think it is all from lack of trying though. We have to remember we are still a new-ish forum so we taking baby steps. But ideas like these are possibly what we will go back to every now and then and they may slowly grow us. It's all about time, we will get there.
Back to top Go down
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 11:18 am

Im surprised GC didn't leave a comment on this when he was on this morning.
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 11:21 am

Quote :
-Some where on the left or right side of the home page i think there should be a "Users online" section with their name and heir Avatar present on a list.
Don't really have that power. We have that at the bottom of the screen though.

Quote :
Win and loss record, i think there should be an actual counter for wins and losses for each player instead of what me and SickSouls do(we created our own record in our signature) I think it would make it more easy to recognize and get to know each trainer better to see who's excelling and who needs help.
I know there is a point system. I just need to figure out how to use it though I'm not a fan of keeping score personally but if that is what the people want Razz

Quote :
-Maybe a section on a user profile or a section on the site where you could see all the Trainers Pokemon that they own, names and Levels, and moves if they want.
I could do this. I won't use it personally too much typing and I like to keep my stratgeys a secret.

Quote :
-Video or voice chat, i think if this site had a live video or voice chat section just like the chat box it would make this site a lot more fun especially when it comes to interactive battling.
Don't think I can do that...but ill look.

Quote :
-More moderators, i feel there should be more moderators that have the power to hold tryouts for gyms and elite 4 and change names colors and all that good stuff. I think it would definitely keep the site more active and live.
I'm considering promotions as it is becoming clear that I won't be on as much as I use to...

Quote :
-Maybe if we could do a little more customization to our profiles i always thought that was a cool thing that any site had.
Be more specific as to what customizations you want and ill add them.

Quote :
-Top trainers of the week, month and all time. I think it be nice for some trainers to be recognized for great battling or tremendous effort and so on for a week period month or all time.
Sounds like something I could add to the newsletter. Ill try it out.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 11:27 am

To be more specific for the profile customization idea, in my opinion i think it be cool to have like a background image or like more place to write stuff about ourselves, just anything we can do really to make our profile you know more personal. And Welcome back! Smile
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 3:38 pm

I wouldn't really say I'm officially back but I'm trying to keep up with everything. Razz
Back to top Go down
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Well you just need to give me my tryout Razz
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 7:04 pm

How abou we give the eldest of gym leaders/Elite4 the ability to test those that wish to try out? Dialga and me, he's of utmost trust and I wouldn't take a bribe, I'm not crazy about pokemon events and besides, I can just legal hack anything I need. Once Dem Dogg gets his Wi-Fi fixed, he may fill in for me... Though I understand if Gc prefers to test all of us personally. Just throwing it out there...
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 4:59 am

Lol Appreciate the fact that you find me so trustworthy SickSouls and if you agree with that GC, i really wouldn't mind doing that. Be honoured in fact.

I like how GC answers straight after Aizrod says he thought GC would comment....Ask and you shall receive Aizrod Laughing 

One thing I do agree on with regards to GC's comments though:
We have never really been about keeping score here, our emphasis is on the fun of battling, not necessarily the amount of wins and losses. I have nothing against you and SS Aizrod, please don't get me wrong, what you guys do is great and I don't see anything wrong with how you tally your wins/losses in your sigs. I just think it should be a choice whether a person would like to or not is all.
Back to top Go down
Dem
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Magikarp Angling Moderator
Dem

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:21 am

I've looked at all of the suggestions, and although they all look good, most are not easy to do. It would definitely make the forum look better. You were also talking about members joining and leaving. This happens to nearly all forums, even I've done it once. This doesn't really mean the forum is dying either, we are gaining more active members than we're losing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=569831
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 2:06 pm

I respect that DIalga, but what i was getting more at if just to have a section where you could do that if you wanted to. heres no way to link the battles you have on your DS to the website directly so your W L record would be completely up to the user if they wanted to make that public or not.

And Dem Dogg

I made thing forum just to throw ut out there, i know many people and website are limited to what they can do, but i don't know/ didn't know what his limitations were so i just threw them out there to see what he and everyone would think and what could be done. I don't except all or most of these things to be done, theory are mostly meant to get the mind of every brain storms to come up with simple practical but genius ideas.
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Makes sense, and yes I understand what u mean. Like I said it really is a good idea. All the suggestions are. Well done for putting it out there coz if it was brainstorming u wanted, u got it
Back to top Go down
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 4:09 pm

Success.
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Most definitely, we already on Page 2 of this topic
Back to top Go down
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Lets hit 99 pages!
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 4:36 pm

That's a lil ambitious maybe, but I hope we see even more ideas springing up
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
Pokemon Wars

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Alright I've added a wins/losses section, a pokemon used in battle section, and an about me section for your profiles.
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 2:26 am

GC, you always pull through Very Happy greatest admin ever! Aizrod should be happy Razz 
Back to top Go down
A M R
Champion
Champion
A M R

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 5:07 am

I'm a happy camper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The website dying! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The website dying!   The website dying! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The website dying!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokemon Wars :: Pokemon Wars :: Feedback-
Jump to: