Pokemon Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for pokemon players to chat, trade, battle and other pokemon related activities

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Pokemon Wars!
March's Pokemon of the month is Latios!

Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc

Go down 
+2
SickSouls
Nova
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nova
Dark Gym Leader
Dark Gym Leader
Nova

Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Empty
PostSubject: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Oh boy... I had no idea what I was getting myself into......
Feel free to read this as SLOW as possible. Not only is this time consuming but it depends on your luck! Anyways for those of you looking to breed your "Perfect Pokemon". Here is a little "guide" I'm putting together off of information from different websites about breeding and its mechanics and from what I've learned.

Everything in here will only apply to breeding.

Now I do realize there is already an IV guide so I won't steal GC's thunder so if you want to know more about IVs please read his guide on it.

HOW TO BREED
Stick two Pokemon of the same egg group in the Pokemon Daycare. Yes this includes the same species as well. They must be opposite genders, but there are a few genderless Pokemon that can be breed with a Ditto. In-fact all Pokemon that are eligible to breed can be breed with a ditto O_O. Now your probably wondering well why not just simplify this and breed all Pokemon with a  Ditto? Well .... There are these "moves" called EGG moves that can only be acquired by breeding together Pokemon in the same egg group.... Oh did I mention that the Pokemon being breed will always be of the same species that is the mother/female? Not to mention you still have to take into account Natures, Abilities and IVs! But we will talk about that later in the topic.

BREEDING RATES
Every-time you take 256 steps the game decides whether or not you will receive an egg. However there are percentages within this 256 steps that you must know. Here are the recipes.

Same species, different ID numbers
The chance of getting an Egg is 69.3% (has a value of 70). The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two seem to get along very well."

Same species, same ID numbers
The chance of getting an Egg is 49.5% (has a value of 50). The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two seem to get along."

Different species, different ID numbers
The chance of getting an Egg is 49.5% (has a value of 50). The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two seem to get along."

Different species, same ID numbers
The chance of getting an Egg is 19.8% (has a value of 20). The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two don't seem to like each other."

Different Egg Groups, same genders or Undiscovered group
The Pokémon are incompatible and therefore will not make an Egg. The old man in the Day Care will say: "The two prefer to play with other Pokémon than each other."

More coming soon.
Abilities
Natures
Shinies
Egg Hatch Times
Egg Boosters
and possibly Older Generation Breeding information.
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
Fighting/Electric Elite 4
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:56 am

Can't wait! I've actually been looking for a guide on Iv breeding. I hear about this every here and then, yet I don't know the first thing about it.
Back to top Go down
[PN] dialga
Dragon Gym Leader
Dragon Gym Leader
[PN] dialga

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:01 am

Great post BBA, once it is done it may encourage ppl to breed a lil more
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 12:49 pm

Nice post Very Happy you got some good facts here!
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
Vayatii
PokeFan
PokeFan
Vayatii

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 4:44 pm

I would breed my Scrafty to get one with Moxie but I dont wanna have 2 Scraftys on my team and I got attatched to the one I have Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SickSouls
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Yeah you can tell you're the type. I mean, you still have emboar. I wouldve kept my samurott, if it weren't for its crappy speed.
Back to top Go down
Vayatii
PokeFan
PokeFan
Vayatii

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2013 9:11 pm

SickSouls wrote:
Yeah you can tell you're the type. I mean, you still have emboar. I wouldve kept my samurott, if it weren't for its crappy speed.
Lol one of the main reasons why I keep it is because of it's speed
Back to top Go down
[ST] Scyther_03
Ice/ Ground Elite 4
[ST] Scyther_03

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 12:03 am

so whens "PART TWO" coming out??
Back to top Go down
Nova
Dark Gym Leader
Dark Gym Leader
Nova

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 12:05 am

Well i have to see if any breeding rules have changed in X and Y. i have a day off tommorow so ill probably look into it.
Back to top Go down
[ST] Scyther_03
Ice/ Ground Elite 4
[ST] Scyther_03

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 12:06 am

awesome! you the best i really wanna figure out IV's .... just cant seem to get it right
Back to top Go down
Pokemon Wars
The Supreme Overlord Admin
Pokemon Wars

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 am

3 changes to breeding as far as I know in gen 6. Mothers can pass down egg moves, the type of pokeball the egg is contained in is determined by the mother, and if a parent holds destiny knot then 5 ivs will be passed down instead of the normal 3.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemonwars.forumotion.com
SickSouls
SickSouls

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:43 am

As far as I understand Iv breeding, you grab a pokemon with high Ivs give it a destnity bond and breed the crap out with another pokemon with high Ivs. Then use the offspring to continue the chain until you're satisfied.

Go to kiloude city to check your Ivs. Go to the pokesafari to get pokemon with at least 2 maxed Ivs. Breed with a destiny knot. I'm sure there's more to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc   Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breeding for IVs, Nature, Ability, etc
Page 1 of 1